Tuesday 8 April 2014

Scrabbling Peaks

We will hear words that never existed
If I was in a scrabble bag,
I wonder what alphabet I'd be.
What words I'd help make
At the behest of your fingers, your mind.

I'm sure I don't even remember
How sweet it used to be
When tea and a friend sat on a bench
Letting the clutter of words free them, free us.
From awkward conversations playing hide and seek.
Between reality, facts, love, concealment and
A bunch of other friends.

A mere child's play of hide and seek,

Your fingers slide across gently, making a word.
That rhymes with the smile whistling on your lips.
And I wonder what alphabet I'd be.
What words I'd help make
That add sense to your life and to you.

Snow melts away and I think of the sun.
Rainbows and resorts are good words.
But is it a free meal if you won?

Metal jarrs, like money.
And makes me wonder
What words I'd help make
When tea and a friend sit on a bench,
Making words come alive. In you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment