Thursday 6 February 2014

Lonely Valentine or Lovely Valentine?

I want love that sets me free

Boundless as the cold wind

Happy as the cheery voices,

Deft as the fingers on those guitars

Playing next door, carefree.

I want love that does not blame me

Of being high strung, of being insecure.

Of being things and emotions

He himself cannot pinpoint.

I want love that fills my mind

Like a thousand glittering fairy lights.

I want love that fills my lungs

Like fresh, pure, clean mountain air.

I want love that fills my stomach

Like a warm home-cooked meal.

I want love that transpires from my body

Like sweat after a ten-mile run.

I want love that will hold me

When the walls close in.

When the cave of life is bouldered with rocks.

When the tears overpower even the suppressed smiles.

When the world appears large and I- lonely.

I want love that will hold me tight

And whisper gently, softly:

"I'm here to hold your hand.

I'm here to hold your heart and you.

Be still. Because I'm here for the storms.

And here, to love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment