Tuesday 21 May 2013

Nameless Verse


I yearned for a walk
So I went to the jungle of lights
A jungle of shiny trees, magic steps and bland flowers
In the jungle, I saw the shops of wealth
I went to the shoe shop and saw people
Spending 5000 on a pair of zero comfort shoes
Shoes that made them yelp with pain and glee
Shoes that convinced them,
It’ll land me good sex on the weekend.
The air was rank with their leather-worn thoughts
So I went to the clothes shop and saw people
Spending 10000 on a jacket of stars
Clothes with no warmth but all sexiness
Clothes that convinced them,
It’ll land me good sex on the weekend.
The air was tepid with fools
So I went to the cosmetics shop and saw people
Spending 12000 on things to wash themselves with
Creams and shampoos of fruit and herbs
That cannot be eaten but convinced them,
It’ll land me good sex on the weekend.
The air was nothingness hanging, like a black hole
So I went to the food shop and saw people
Spending 3000 on pizza and beer
Exclaiming, “this is a good deal!”.
Eating here gives me a good reputation.
It’ll land me good sex on the weekend.
The air was worse than the other stores,
So I left this jungle and went outside
I saw a box for orphanage donations.
All these people, they frowned and looked away.
They would not spend even a 100 on it.
They complained of charity seekers populating their jungle
I laughed and walked away, knowing
It’ll not land them good sex on the weekend.



1 comment: